Thursday, February 28, 2008

3 miles

I did another workout last night. I hopped on my treadmill (weather's been rainy...I was about to write "and nasty" but I love the rain so I'm not gonna dis it. It's just not the best weather to run in) and warmed up walking for 5 minutes and then began intervals of jogging (10-10.5 min mile) 3 minutes and walking 2 minutes. I did 6 intervals and then cooled down for 6 minutes. I was only shooting for a 30 min workout, but as I approached that mark, I felt really good and wanted to make it to an even 3 miles, so I continued. My workout was right at 41 minutes. The intervals make the time go by quickly since you're thinking about the time in much smaller increments.

My aunt Jenise told me about Jeff Galloway's website and suggested using his training schedule. I just watched a mini video on him today that I found on CNN. He has been referred to as the "Marathon Man" and has completed almost 120 marathons during his 50+ years as a runner. The plan seems simple and very easy to follow: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon.html

I think I will do another week or two of my own little intervals and then begin his program. He said that if you've been walking/running for a few weeks before starting the program that is cool. So that's what I'll do. I'm still really excited about all of this. I was very eager to get home yesterday and get my trainin' on. I hope this feeling lasts for a while. I really wish I could just bottle it up for when the going gets rough. :)

2 comments:

jenni.e said...

I am so proud of you!!! You're motivation is ... well... motivating! You've got my support every step of the way.

ana said...

yay for marathon training! i know i couldn't do it. love the blog.

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."

~Henry Ford