Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm back on...

So I did run last night, yay! I did 3 miles: 10:19, 10:10, 9:57. They were NOT very comfortable miles - I probably should have slowed down a bit b/c unfortunately, 10's are still "fast" for me. I guess the important thing is that I did it though. My left achille's heel/calf were bothering me, which was something new and unusual. I made it through it though. I hope to have a repeat performance (but maybe without the pain) tonight when I get home. I might slow it down a bit though.

I forgot to mention this awesome sign we saw while driving through Alabama last week. It said Go to church or the Devil will get you. I was so pissed that I didn't have my camera out! Good stuff.

So this is really embarrassing but also really funny so I have to share.
A few days ago I was talking to my boy Kevin and we were discussing Pizza Hut's new Tuscani Pasta or whatever it's called. He mentioned that he really wants to try it because it looks so good. I told him it kinda creeps me out but I've heard that it's really great and is supposedly even better than pasta at italian restaurants...to which he replied:

K: That sounds a lot like the commercial
J: No, really, I swear I just had this conversation with someone. They said it was the best pasta they've had
K: Are you sure you're not confusing the commercial with reality?
J: No, I'm not. It was just the other day, they went there and had...the...pasta...and...LONG PAUSE................................Holy shit. Maybe it WAS the commercial! Oh jesus, this is ridiculous. I can't believe I just did that!

We had a good laugh about it and in fact, he just texted me a few minutes ago with "Remember when you confused the Pizza Hut Tuscani commercial with real life? That was hilarious". I really think I need to get my head checked. I would have put Benjamins on the fact that I actually had that exact conversation with someone. If that isn't effective marketing, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

julie said...

hey, i'm looking at a 12:30 mile for marathon day... your 10 min miles are super speedy!

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh, I don't know what's funnier - the sign or the Pizza Hut conversations!

Go you on your 10/min miles! That's my goal for the end of the summer.

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."

~Henry Ford