Wednesday, March 26, 2008

27 random facts

Following are 27 things you may or may not know about me.

1. I was Lady Liberty in a play in 5th grade.
2. Some people can pull off funky toenail polish colors like blue and purple; I'm not one of them.
3. I HATE barnacles. They disgust me.
4. My dad used to wake me up in the morning by singing Elvis's "Blue Christmas" (regardless of the month).
5. I once made someone laugh so hard on an airplane that she peed her pants.
6. I love boiled peanuts.
7. I love boiled peanuts so much that my bff Kim and I contemplated moving to Seattle and opening a boiled peanut stand outside the Space Needle to bring a slice of the "South" to the Pacific NW. Sadly, I doubt this dream will ever be realized.
8. Keeping with the boiled peanut topic, Kim and I brought cans of boiled peanuts onto a flight once as a snack. I think the pop tops on the cans would now be considered weapons.
9. When I was 5 or 6 my sister got angry that I would never try new foods so she surreptitiously added tuna fish to my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. All it did was make me cry and then swear off tuna fish for the rest of my life.
10. I hate seafood.
11. I got a friend to complete my button sewing project in Home Ec class in 6th grade.
12. I did not get a manicure or pedicure until I was 24.
13. I am addicted to 'Rock of Love'.
14. I watched the movie American Pie in the theater with my friend Jes and my Grandma.
15. Sometimes when I'm cooking I pretend I'm on a cooking show and describe what I'm doing while periodically looking up at the (invisible) camera and audience.
16. My mom is going to Alaska for four months to work at a lodge in Denali. She kicks ass.
17. My ideal breakfast consists of pancakes, crispy bacon and coffee with french vanilla creamer.
18. Sometimes I really enjoy public speaking - like if I'm really comfortable with the group...or am slightly intoxicated.
19. I've been a bridesmaid in 5 weddings.
20. I get teary eyed at sporting events when there are fly-overs.
21. I'm a pizza monster.
22. I was the District champion for #5 singles in high school - either jr or sr year. I forget.
23. I have a really horrible memory.
24. My cat, Ava, sleeps on my pillow or curled up by my side at night. It's precious.
25. I have the funniest, most fantastic boyfriend in the world!
26. I hope to be able to one day walk in high heels without looking/feeling like an assclown.
27. When I was 6 I told my Dad I was going to run away if he didn't make me pancakes for lunch. I even packed my bunny duffel bag (it had a bunny head at one end and a tail at the other). I walked to the end of the driveway with my bunny bag, looking back every few steps, waiting for him to run out and say "Ok, I'm sorry. Of course I'll make you pancakes!" I'm sure you see where this is going...when I realized I wasn't going to win I turned around, dejected, walked back to the house and ate p-jelly for lunch instead.

Happy Hump Day! Woo!

1 comment:

ana said...

i love # 15 & totally feel you on 20. nice list :D

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."

~Henry Ford