Sunday, March 2, 2008

"long" run

This morning I did my "long" run for the week. As a novice, this translates (at least for ME) to a straight 3 mile run with no stops. In my book, that was a pretty good accomplishment as I cannot remember the last time I ran 3 miles straight. Go me, go me! My aunt and uncle, Jed and Patsy, accompanied me. I think our time ended up being 34 minutes. I can say with about 97% certainty that had I attempted a 3 mile run on my own, I would have stopped to walk half way through (and that is a generous assessment). At one point, walking was all I could think of. Naturally, as I was struggling with fighting off that urge I wondered, "How in the world am I EVER going to do this times 8, and then some?! Am I nuts?!" It's a scary and intimidating thought. Luckily, I pushed through all the exhaustion and can safely say it was definitely worth it. About an hour or so later (after I stretched and cooled down), I felt fantastic both physically and mentally. What a fantastic way to start my day! Sooo, counting today's workout, my first official week of training consisted of approximately 11 miles. Woo hoo. I'll take that. :)

No comments:

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."

~Henry Ford