Wednesday, March 5, 2008

week 2

Monday was my "rest" day so Dave and I just went for a short walk: 1.6 miles. I was pretty eager to get rolling again and decided that I was going to up my mileage on my workout days. Yesterday, after my warm up, I began my intervals (4 min jog/1 min walk). I decided to slow down a bit to see if I would feel better. Sure enough, I did. My pace was just over an 11 min mile. I was trying not to be a...whatever the equivalent to a 'size queen' would be for running pace (a 'speed queen', a 'time queen'?!). I breezed through 3 miles of intervals and then decided to jog a mile straight. It wasn't too bad. So with warm up and cool down I did about 4.5 miles in about 55 mins. I was thrilled that I did 4 miles. yay. I think I will try to do the same on Thursday and Friday.

I'm still undecided on the marathon I will be doing but am leaning toward the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon in November. I think it's right on the TN/GA border. It's a smaller race and is supposed to be really beautiful. Also, I figure I will save a lot of time and $$ on travel expenses if it's closer to home (which will hopefully be Murfreesboro/Nashville at that time). Check it out: http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=1195081108

No comments:

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."

~Henry Ford