Monday, March 17, 2008

Rookie Plan with a splash of Galloway

First of all, Happy St Patrick's Day!!! Second of all, I really want green beer. I doubt I will have any today but a girl can dream, right? Anyway, let me get to the point here. My training thus far has been all over the board. I was going to try to stick with any one training program but that hasn't really worked out. Originally, I was going to do the Jeff Galloway plan but I feel like I should be doing more jogging than 3x week (here I go being a Numbers/Distance Queen again). So I came across the "Rookie Plan" on the Runner's World website and think I might do that instead.

Plus, with Galloway's plan, Mondays are "off" days and although I could shift my days, I'm just really impatient and hardheaded and want a plan that starts NOW. I will definitely incorporate Galloway methods (i.e. walking intervals) but am confident that this Rookie Plan will be a good match. So, today is 30 minutes of cross training. I think I'll see if Dave will ride bikes with me. The weather right now is absolutely perfect: 76 degrees, sunny, with a nice breeze. I went out to the mailbox a few minutes ago and had to force myself to come back in. I wanted to just take off for a walk. Maybe I will do that at lunchtime. Hmm. Anyhow, I hope everyone has a happy SPD. Slainte!

No comments:

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."

~Henry Ford